Thursday, September 1, 2011

First Post

I am not really sure where I should start. I am thinking that this blog will start off as a place for me to keep track of work projects. I work as a maintenance technician on a lot of different machines and equipment. In the past I would figure out what was wrong with a piece of equipment and get it all fixed up. Then 6 months or a year go by and the same problem comes up again, and although it seems familiar I would not remember what I did to fix it the last time. So I started keeping a written record of what problems I was encountering and what it took to fix them, phone numbers of service techs, web sites with information about the product, manuals and schematics. I also started taking pictures of the machines, especially if they were difficult to take apart or put back together. Will this be of any value to anybody besides me? I hope to find out.

I have a few other ideas for this blog. I like taking apart and fixing stuff, thus the title of the blog "The Tinkerist". As I find broken stuff to fix I will take pictures of the process and explain how I fixed it. The computer that I am typing this on is completely salvaged from the scrap heap except for the wifi adapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment